Friday, August 16, 2013

Mission: Montauk

Happy Friday everyone! I seriously cannot believe how fast this week blew by. I am starting to see the difficulties of consistently creating blog posts, but this is a challenge that I am willing to accept! Two days ago I went on a bit of an adventure with my mom to Montauk, Long Island. Driving out to the outermost tip of the Island was a highlight itself since it marked the longest amount of time I've spent at the wheel. I am quite proud if I do say so myself! 

I started off the morning with a short run around my neighborhood. Unfortunately I woke up later than I wanted to, but I was still able to squeeze in about three miles. With such a long day ahead of me I knew I needed some exercise for an extra boost of energy. I've always found it amazing how running makes me feel less tired throughout the day. 

Before heading to the very tip of Montauk, my mom and I decided to walk around the town to find a bite to eat. We stopped in a cute organic market called Naturally Good whose menu can be seen here. On our way inside, and exiting customer told with such enthusiasm how tasty the fish tacos were, that I was instantly intrigued. We ordered the Cajun Fish Tacos to split. Although the wait was rather extensive, the food was the perfect pick me up before setting off for the rest of our day.

First we went for a long walk across the beach and then visited a few shops on Main Street. Soon after we went to the Montauk Lighthouse at the true tip of the Island. It was so amazing to be engulfed by the beautiful water on all sides. I highly recommend the visit!
Headed up the lighthouse!

The breathtaking view from the top

Relaxing afterwards 

It was about 5:00pm when we finished up at the lighthouse, but the day was not over yet! Boy do I love how long a summer day can last :) Since we already walked through the town of Montauk, we decided to check out some shops in East Hampton. During the course of our window shopping, my mom kept noticing people with bags that read Citarella. I looked it up and it turned out to be the gourmet food market of the town. We had to go there ourselves! We ended up scoring some yummy almond paste cookies as well as an adorably small yet tall carrot cake for my brother's birthday celebration that is coming up. Looking at all the food in this place got our stomachs rumbling for dinner.

We came across a nearby restaurant with outdoor seating and settled there called Babette's. I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out every single item on the menu appealed to me. This is not a common occurrence! The waitress had to come back at least twice before I was ready to place my order. My mom and I ended up splitting two entrees--one of the great perks of going out to eat with this wonderful lady.

Even the bread that they gave us was deliciously nutty and seeded. 


Lentil Vegetable Walnut burger served with sweet potato fries 

Salad with tofu, asparagus, olives, red potato, tomatos.


Although on the pricey side, we were in East Hampton and the meal was different and fun.



All in all a beautiful day and a great trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment